Friday, September 25, 2015

Baked Mac and Cheese

Contest #4 Comfort Food
Recipe Creator: Amy Cooper

Ingredients
8 oz Elbows or Ingredients
8 oz Elbows or Shells
¼ Cup margarine or butter
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 Teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 Teaspoon salt (optional)
1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
2 Cups milk
2 Cups (8 oz) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese Cover with your favorite crunchy.  I like crumpled up ruffles potato chips or Ritz Crackers
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350˚F. 
Cook pasta for 3 minutes and drain. 
In medium saucepan, melt margarine. Blend in flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. 
Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly; gradually add milk.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Gradually mix in cheese. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
Add pasta; mix lightly. Pour into 2-quart casserole.
Top with croutons. Bake 25 minutes.


Meet the Chef:


"After meeting my husband and deciding to start a family, I became a stay at home mom and fell in love with cooking for my family.  I enjoy cooking any type of meal or protein and love expanding the flavor profiles in foods.  I very rarely follow a recipe and often put my own spins on them."





No comments:

Post a Comment